Thursday, December 9, 2010

It Always Seems Like A Good Idea

Stay in bed and rest. Two weeks for sure.
I always think that this will work out ok. I will get some books read, some DVD's watched and a lot of knitting done. And about 24 hours later housework is sounding like it might be fun.
As mentioned, I finished my Faroe Shawl that I started with Myrna Stahman at a workshop she gave here in Italy at the end of August. I love it and it is perfect for the weather here.
Not the best picture but it looked even worse on JennietheDog. And besides, there was sun!
There is a shortage of Christmas knitting this year as I have been working on patterns for the new book from CraftLit "What Would Madame Defarge Knit?" that will be released on 7 February 2011. Yep, just a few short months to go. It has been an amazing amount of fun to be involved in this project for the last year and I hope that everyone enjoys the patterns as Heather has assembled a varied and wonderful bunch of designers. I am hoping this will help me to move into doing more design work. And so along those lines:

I did spend a day on the couch. And I have been working at my kitchen table ever since with yarn and books and graph paper piled up all around me scribbling away. At least it keeps me off the streets...
Tonight's light rainfall
Wraps me in soft silence
On my short walk home

3 comments:

Carol said...

I've been sick too! The busiest week of my "Italian" life and I catch a cold that knocks me flat on my patootie. I can't wait to see the book you've been talking about and the shawl is beautiful! I've been looking for something new to knit (because I don't have quite enough unfinished projects I suppose LOL) but haven't had the time to really look.

I hope you feel better soon, Meg. Being sick is only okay if it gets you out of something more miserable than how you feel, LOL.

cindi said...

I hope you're feeling better! I love the title of the new book, and can't wait to see it in February!

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is beautiful!! I'm looking forward to seeing the book!

http://frayedattheedge.typepad.co.uk