Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How I Spent my Summer Vacation (part deux)

This is my garden ... and so I am busy weeding and canning and freezing. You would think I was feeding an army and not just the DH and I.



I had some cute little chicks that showed up with their proud MaMA one morning :

(this is what blogger refuses to load ... so imagine a big gold chicken with 2 little gold chicks and one little white one ... very cute ... eating ... by the barn)

And I went to .... ALASKA!!! It was so incredibly beautiful. And I met some fab people and I was able to spend a week with my dear friend Brenda of Cast-on fame. The glaciers were amazing .. there were real icebergs and sea otters. I cannot begin to describe the fun that I had. And there was yarn buying ... and lots of it. We were like a plague of locusts everywhere we went.


I have apples to pick and yarn to dye and now summer is almost over. I have two new socks on several sets of needles and a sweater to work on. Plus a trip to Germany and to Wales to plan .... so it's off we go ..... till later!

Hearing the grass sigh

I think, perhaps, the moonlight

Is too beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg! I miss having a garden this year. Yours is amazing!

I love the yarn I got from your Etsy shop. The colors truly catch the spirit of autumn.

Hope to see you, hear from you, speak with you soon!

Mokihana said...

Your garden is fabulous! I used to have one that big, but not anymore. We used to live in Twin Falls, and went through Mountain Home often.

Love the photos!

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

an you email me about the femmes, amber(dot)moggie (at) virgin(dot)net
thanks